Monday, April 16, 2012

Power to the people

So what's next on the list of things to make and do? I'll be doing up an urban board with Painting Princess for some superhero fun. The buildings will be modular, hopefully..! One of them being an electricity substation.

I also want to use it in my modern war games, which will probably take place in the desert. So what to do?

I picked up a set of this:

HO my foot! The set is perfect for use with 28mm figures. And I have quite a bit of inspiration to draw from on my trip to work every morning. I can't provide any photos of Sydney's inner suburbs, but the power station will be some kind of brick/cinder block affair with some corrugated iron for the roof and additional levels. Here are some pictures I did find from around the world, though:




Well, that's it for now. I've dredged a piece of giprock/plaster board from a renovation site, and have plenty of cardboard... all I need to do now is start building the bloody thing. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. You have certainly got me intrigued by this; good luck with the build and looking forward to seeing updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you could get a HO/OO scale power station.
    The castle wall turned out looking great!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul: It's a GREAT kit... there are a lot of pieces in it. It's quite versatile, being designed for HO but scales up nicely to 28mm.

    Thanks Michael! I'll see how I go :)

    ReplyDelete