Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Colonial steamer pt. 6 - Toot toot.

Just a small update for now. I have put together the basis for where the ship's wheel and other gadgets will go (I have no idea of the names for these things). I think the proportions are just about right. All that's left is to do some detailing on the cabins such as the cardboard panels on the outside and possibly a life-saver or something. I have been fossicking about for suitable stowage and other tidbits. Got a pretty good collection happening which you will see as the work progresses.

Of course there is also the back of the top deck, the gun platform/sun shade, and the paddle which is proving to be a bit of a challenge. I've got just about everything else I need to finish this off. Will it get done by the weekend? Well, let's see, shall we?

So, without further ado (I have heard someone say this as adieu in the past, but he was a manager of mine so I kept mum about it) here are the latest photos!


Oh, the fun that's going to be had when this s all done! For now, I'll just have to settle for "pew pew" and "toot" noises.

Goodnight, everybody.

5 comments:

  1. Real nice mate - toot, toot indeed! Hope to have a drive of her in the future.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now *that* is something to look forward to! What do you reckon would be a good game to play? I was thinking T&T...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's starting to come together nicely. I look forwards to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T&T would probably be best - who's she fighting?

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... good question!

    I shall have a ponder... I guess it would depend on who was sailing :P

    ReplyDelete